Summer is coming, and what better to do than put together some cute hairstyles to go along with your summer dresses? These 3 hairstyles I’m showing you today are gorgeous and easy to do! They also don’t require a million bobby pins–in fact, you don’t need any! All you need are a couple hair elastics and some cute hair accessories.
BRITTs. BOWs kindly gifted me some of the cutest, chicest hair accessories from their shop, which I will be using in these hairstyles. Go check them out!!
I absolutely love the hair accessories I got from BRITTs BOWs as they’re super pretty, and also high quality! They’ll look good with a variety of outfits, which I love because I’m all about practicality too. I can even see myself using their Gold Triangle Hair Clip at formal events too.
The accessories came in an adorable box with simple, yet super cute packaging!
Without further ado, let’s get into these easy summer hairstyles.
This hairstyle was actually invented by my sister. As in, she did some random stuff and then it magically came together, without watching youtube tutorials or anything like that. So since I haven’t come across a tutorial for this yet, I’m going to credit it to her. 🙂
- Start off by taking two half-inch-thick hair pieces from the front of your head and tie together at the back of your head.
- Then from your left side take a one inch piece from underneath the piece you used in step 1. Bring it over the elastic you used in step 1 so that it is on the right side of your head.
- Afterwards you bring the section of hair under the right side strand and through the space in the middle of your head that you made from the two hair pieces in step 1 and place in on the left side of your head.
- Now you do the same for the right side, repeating the steps 2-3. In step 2 you bring the stand to the left side instead of the right. In step 3 you need to bring the right strand of hair under both of the left side strands, placing it on the right side of your head.
- As the final step you take two Purple Pearl Hair Clips and clip the left and right stands (that are not part of the elastic) together.
French Braid Waterfall
- Start by making a french braid from the right side of your head. Keep braiding until the braid is a little lower than your ear.
- As the finishing touch to add flare to the hairstyle, take a Gold Triangle Hair Clip and clip it to the end of your braid. Pretty easy, hey?
Double Dutch Pony
- Dutch braid both sides of your head to create pigtails. Braid each side until it reaches a little further than the height for a low ponytail and then tie them off with an elastic.
- Then take a Light Blue and White Dot Bandana Scrunchie and tie the two braids together.
- Then unravel the extra hair, take out the elastics (leaving the scrunchie to hold together the hair), and pull on the edges of the braid to add volume and more dimension to the braid.
And there you have it, 3 easy summer hairstyles that you can try at home! They look fancy, but they’re actually quite simple and easy. Let me know which one was your favourite!